Re: '96 R1100RSL

In a message dated 6/17/06 6:13:21 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
emoto1@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> I don't recall ever seeing a  hose thread. Has anyone else experienced this
ballooning issue? Seems like it  could be a deadly one if not noticed.

How old was that brake line? If I  recall the manual correctly (and I
may not) the brake lines are supposed to  be replaced at regular
intervals.>>

Hose failures on Oilheads  are not uncommon at the seven-to ten year mark. My
R1100S will get new hoses  this winter if I still own it.

Tom Cutter
Yardley,  PA
http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com