Re: Premature clutch failure

At 10:48 AM 8/26/2006 -0500, gator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>See I told ya I was a Dumb A**!!
>Forgot to mention all the important stuff..
>2000 R1100 RS. Bike only has 17K.
>It was Adjusted correctly when I left for Vacation. Meaning I had the 5 mm
>and the Handle and 12 MM at the adjusting Screw.
>When It slipped on me I noticed it was Tight at the handle pulled over and
>was able to get play back at the handle (not the total amount I wanted!).

Up at the lever you should have at least 7mm and I like to run
mine at 9mm.  Keeps the clutch rod from spinning the throwout
bearing at high RPM.
You 'could' pull your starter and look inside the clutch housing.
If you see any oil, identify it. It's either engine oil (rear main seal)
or tranny lube (input shaft seal).  I suspect you have an oiled
friction disc.

Mick
Tucson