Re: MAC-PAC: Honda to Strengthen Production System in Japan [no BM content]

The drive shaft assembly in my '85 GL1200 was replaced several years before
acquired it. I got my hands on it in '02 with 57k miles on it. The drive shaft
assembly was replaced somewhere around 35k by the previous (and original)
owner. He had the entire drive shaft/rear drive replaced as a unit because it was
almost as cheap as a unit as buying the individual parts needed with the
greater labor costs.
I recently had to have the rear drive rebuilt. It seems that they need to be
regreased every year and I had some long wearing tires mounted that lasted two
years (I spread my miles out over several bikes). Ouch.
I had to have my drive shaft replaced on my '94 R11RS last year at 67k miles.
Geoffrey Greene

In a message dated 9/20/2006 2:45:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,