From: Tom Brown
To: BMW Oilhead List
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 8:16 AM
Subject: RS rear wheel spacer

Bob:

Please be certain you have NEW TIRES on BOTH front and rear before claiming
any improvement.    If you have an alignment issue, even a thousand miles on
the tires can cause them to wear a little oddly and throw the results off.
Most oilheads handle pretty strangely with old tires on, especially
Metzlers, for some reason.

Looks like good fun, though.   Enjoy!  Hope you get a breakthrough on this.
I think some of the early Oilheads may have had more servere alignment
issues than the factory likes to admit.

-TB

>The '94 RS pulled a lot to the left, trying to over-turn in L.H. side
>turns.
After trying many remedies I placed an extra 2 mm thick spacer (there is one
already as a factory original) between the rear drive and the wheel's hub.
Testing with two spacers, a total of 4 mm of spacers, which centered the
rear wheel with the front wheel almost perfectly....