[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Quick disconnects was oilheads-digest V4 #2
- To: "'R1200CA motorcycle'" <z281le@xxxxxxxxx>, <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Quick disconnects was oilheads-digest V4 #2
- From: "Clive Liddell" <cliddell@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 06:01:01 +0200
- In-reply-to: <d259ce9b0702051824x1aa9850fl458eb32dd1085798@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcdJmtrreX6QhHH4Tty8AMrhUDpDwAAAUiIg
Just something to throw in here (do you mind if I change your header?).
Not sure why you would be R&R'ing you tank so often - It's only really for
the fuel filter that you would need to take it right off and I only start
thinking about the filter any time after 50000km. And on my RT I have moved
the filter out of the tank to avoid this fiddling task. I'm fairly sure you
can get the battery out (if it is a wet cell needing service) by just
slightly lifting the rear of the tank.
Just another point of view for you to ponder ie. Why go for QD's anyway?