Re: Quick Disconnects

Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:43:33 -0500
From: Don MacQueen <dmac@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Quick disconnects

snipp, snipp

I'm doing the same thing as soon as I get a day warm enough to have
the garage open.  You'll spill some fuel doing the install.  I just
got my brass QDs in from Omega.  Very nice units, with easily
serviceable O-Rings.  Much more substantial than the BMW plastic
ones, and since the attachment tubes are barbed, they don't require
clamps.

Don,

As far as I can recall, the pressure from the fuel pump is around 35 psi for fuel injection.

I would never trust the barbed fitting without a clamp on my bike.

Hope you take another look at this application here.

Happy Trails,

Mark Barr
99 R11RT
New Britain, PA