Re: Off Topic

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Makohin" <wateredg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "Fritz Curtis" <fritzc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Oilheads List" <oilheads@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2007 9:17 PM
Subject: Re: Off Topic

Hello Fritz,

From: "Fritz Curtis" <fritzc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

OT but it bugs me!
Pennsylvania Dutch = German
Deutsch = German
Dutch = Hollander
How did Hollanders become "Dutch"?
And how did Deutsch become German?
I don't know the answer, but just to add more complexity to your question, the country some refer to as Holland is properly called the Netherlands. People from there call themselves Netherlanders. Holland is just a province of the country known as the Netherlands.
-Steve Makohin

Thanks for the favor of a response!
The Holland part is really interesting. I grew up near Holland Michigan which I always
thought named after the country!  Yet Germans (Deutschmen) call people
from the Netherlands "Hollanders" as if from that country.
Oh Well!  Back to tires, oil and valve lifter adjustment!!!
Fritz