[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: Replacement grip w/ Heated grips

Just pick up 2 pairs of standard grips from any bike shop.  One grip will be
larger then the other. The large one is for the right hand side, the throttle.
The other is smaller, designed for the bare metal bar on the left side. You
want to use the 2 designed for the throttle, toss the 2 lefts.  They will fit
your heated grips just fine.  Of course you will not have BMW grips anymore,
so if this distresses you, I advise against it.

You must be careful removing the old grips as the heating wires can be easily
damaged.  If they are damaged, don't fret.  You can simply overlay snowmobile
heating elements on top of the old heating wires, and solder them to the
existing wiring.
regards, paul pickering, ont

> From: s.l.berto@xxxxxxxxx> To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: Replacement grip
w/ Heated grips> Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 05:39:58 -0500> > The left grip on my
2002 R1150R has split in a few places. I tried to get a> replacement grip at
the dealer and was told that I would have to buy the grip> along with the
heating element since I have heated grips. The parts person> tried to sell me
just a grip with the hopes it would fit but it is not large> enough to go over
the bars with the heating element.> Here are all the numbers on the package
for the part he sold me:> B20 04 02 32 72 1 458 395> 58366 Handle B> 2848759>
05/045 0404025> > I am not that familiar with BMW parts numbers so I am not
sure which of these> numbers is the part numbers so I included all the numbers
on the package.> Does anyone know if there is just a replacement grip that I
can buy (OEM or> aftermarket) that will fit over the heating element for my
heated grips?> > Steve Berto> 2002 R1150R> Annandale, Va> s.l.berto@xxxxxxxxx
News, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Get it now!