Re: aligning the wheels

Mick,
In my experience the rear wheel is the adjustable one. When the front wheel
is off, it is leaning to a side and makes turning difficult into one
direction. The fixed vertical plane is the rear wheel, which can be offset
by shims. Eventually I'll send you photos how parallel planes of he two
wheels can be checked, and then the offset of the rear wheel..
The rim width of the rear rim is 136 mm, the front is 110.
(136-110)/2 = 13 mm, therefore if the rear rim sticks out 13 mm on each side
of the front wheel, the two wheels are running in the same track..... and
the bike will still pull.
Bob Silas

Bob,
   The +/- 9mm is just that.  The front wheel can be right or left of
the centerline
of the rear wheel.  If it's off, there is something bent.

Mick
Tucson