RE: Clutch or gearbox question

I don't know who you've been talking to, but I think you are getting
slightly misled:
	#1 - 	An oilhead with less than 17k miles has a ways to go before
it is even broken in.
		Some stiffness in the shifting is not abnormal.
	#2 - 	In case you are more accustomed to the way Japanese bikes
shift, please note:
		Oilheads do not shift like Japanese bikes.
	#3 - 	$400-500+ for a full service on your bike at a BMW Dealer
sounds high. Have
		you actually checked shop rates with any local BMW Dealers?
	#4 - 	Why do you suspect synthetic oil in the final drive would
affect the shifting?
	#5 - 	Oilheads don't need a spline lube at a mere 17k miles.
	#6 - 	Follow the service recommendations in the bike's manual. Buy
one if you don't have it.
	#7 - 	Have your bike serviced by a good BMW Dealer. There's more
than one in your area.
		An independent tech who has been trained by BMW is also
worth considering.
	#8 - 	The best medicine for a Beemer is to ride it. Have fun.

Jim
microdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx