saving money on services

Lets face it most of us riders are "under-funded"? and we all look for ways to save money.? More money equals more miles equals more smiles.

One of the ways that I have found to save money is tire changing.? I have invested in a good bead breaker, tire spoons ( long handled) , rim protectors and a good balancer, not a small investment, probably looking at perhaps $300 total.

now I can change my tires for around $225 including shipping ( which is often free)? I pay no local sales taxes? so I save about $15 right there.???Since I've never paid for a tire change I can only speak from waht others have told me but a $280 bill for a rear tire isn't unheard of.? I figure a savings of about $150 for the 2 hours of fun of chaning the tires and lovingly balancing them.? Plus I then check brakes, bolts etc, and the tire and rim or clean and spotless when they go back on.??

I go thru 1 1/2 sets a year so that around $250? so I get a free set of tires every so often.

The down side?? I change tires for my buddies and don't charge nearly enough but they are my friends and i get a lot of free beer and conversation out of it.? I also have no local dealer so it also save me a day of riding over to daytona, hanging around waiting for them to get to me and then riding back, so figure that time in and I save even more.

Now if I can just figure out how to steal the tires!.....

Ps I've never had a leak at the rim from not cleaning the rim properly either.?

Paige ( with dirty hands in Gvl)