To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 7:40 AM
Subject: Brakes

Last year the front calipers on my 1994 R1100 RS started to stick to the
point where if I kept going they would get so hot as to stop the bike.  They
would release after the bike sat for a few minutes. I ordered a caliper
rebuild kit and all seemed to be OK but now they are doing the same thing.
There is a bit of drag between the pads and the rotors but not a whole lot.
The bike sits all winter and I am thinking that the problem may be the
master cylinder as both rotors got hot. A few days ago the bike started to
slow down after less than a mile and I believe the bike would have
completely stopped if I had tried to keep going and both rotors were very
hot. Before ordering a master cylinder rebuild kit I would appreciate any
comments or suggestions. Can you also tell me what I should order. Is it
just the piston in the master cylinder or are there seals also?

Thanks

Dave