Re: Tires

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 09:22:36 -0400, you wrote:

>I need to buy tires for my 2008 R1200RT.  I am looking at the Metzler
>Roadtec Z6 Interacts, anyone have any experience with these.  My local
>dealer sells them and indicated it would run about $ 400 mounted and
>balanced.  Does this sound about right?  I read on another forum that
>there are special ratings and they need to be matched.  Any thoughts
>or observations?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jack Barnes
>Essex Junction, VT
>2008 R1200RT

I've been running Z6's for the last 2 sets.  I routinely get ~ 10K out
of a tire, which I think is pretty good.  I'm very happy with them.  I
think they perform well and I ride year-round.

I'm not sure about the 'special' rating.  I know they ask the model of
the bike it's going on and I recall something about a special BMW part
number, but the proces are the same.

I paid $173 for the rear tire and $153 for the front, including M&B. I
bring my wheels to the dealer, which saves a few $$

HTH

Wayne Woodruff: http://www.2zars.com
Photoblog: http://2zars.blogspot.com