From: Mick [mailto:bmwmick@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 3:23 PM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Gel battery specs?

At 07:48 AM 1/15/2010,
>         "a GEL battery is NOT suited for use in a motorcycle application."
>
>I'm don't know what motivates you to make such a statement,

Mark,

There is a lot of supporting info on the web about GEL batteries.
One of their biggest drawbacks is the need for a proper charging
profile.  Our alternators do not have a GEL specific regulator.

   Some folks get lucky with the Exide GEL, most do not.
http://batterystuff.com/knowledge-base/index.php?action=article&id=5
http://batterystuff.com/knowledge-base/index.php?action=article&id=15

Mick
Tucson