From: Karl Johnson [mailto:karljohnson@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:09 AM
To: Skipper Brown
Subject: Re: battery specs

Hi Skipper,

The seat locking mechanism is different on my R1100RS, but I did some
searching for some info on problems with the one on the R1150GS.

Sounds like it's not an uncommon problem. Hopefully one of these links will
help...

Here's one about getting the seat off of an R1100GS...
http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24888

This one has an illustration of the latches and the connectors for an
R1150GS...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575868

Here's a good one, but it's about the R1200GS...
http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25457

And for those of you with an RS or an RT, here's an interesting thread
showing a fix for a broken latch mount...
http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33039

FYI...I've been happy with the Odyssey PC680 batteries. They've been around
$100 with free shipping on eBay. However it looks like folks have found a
much less expensive alternative.

Take care all.

Karl