Short

Greg:

Let me be the one to say it.  If it was a short that made the bike die, you
would not be able to restart it.   I think it's the fuel line.  It's
possible that your gas line vent is not venting and you're getting a vacuum
in the tank.  Fix the fuel thing.  Make sure you haven't switched the vent
lines.  Charge the battery up and try again.

-TB