Re: Electrical cut-out R1100RS tipped to left

Timo, Bob:

Thanks for the suggestion. I had checked the side-stand switch, which
I had replaced the previous season. That wasn't the problem, but I
began poking around in the wiring a bit more and discovered that a
very slight displacement of the wiring bundle that begins at the left
handlebar grip appears to be the problem. If I move that bundle just
about 1/4 inch at the point where it curves under the tank - all the
electrics go off.  That bundle appears to begin at the handlebar with
the low/high beam+horn+left turn signal, it gathers the separate
clutch switch cable and also joins with the the ignition switch
bundle. Must be a broken wire in one of those. I played most with the
clutch switch wire and it doesn't appear to be the problem - must be
one of the larger bundles.

Gulp.

John Merlin Williams
jmerlinw@xxxxxxx