To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 9:13 PM
Subject: Speedometer not working

Hello Oilheads,

About two weeks ago I changed the front tire on my '99 R1100RT after
which the speedometer stopped working. Since then I have removed the
cable to see if the drive turns with the front wheel. It does and when I
removed the cable sheath from the wheel the inner cable slid out. Is
that normal? I removed the inner cable and both ends appear intact. I
reinstalled the cable, still no speedo. Does anyone know what I might
have screwed up here or what I should do next to find the problem?

Thanks,
Bob