Re: Running Cold-update

Hi Will,

Coming in late on this issue, but my 99 RT often had problems with the temperature display. The problem was usually happened after the bike sat for a few weeks. The temp display would go up to two or three bars and stay there for a long period of time. Sometimes not going to the correct reading for a few hours. Then the display would work fine for a period of time until it went unused for a few weeks.

I suspect a loose connection somewhere as the bike was about 7 years old when this first started to happen.

My solution to correct the problem was quite expensive ;^)   An 07 R1200 GSA

Hope you find the problem with the display and I agree with those who said to just ride the bike.

Cheers,

Mark Barr
New Britain, PA
07 R1200 GS Adventure

Well, I have looked at virtually everything I can think of to find the source of the bike running cold. Most recently I checked the temp sensor and found it to be connected. I checked the resistance when it was cold and also when the bike was showing 3 bars on the temp guage ( 2.96 when cold and 3.50 when at 3
bars) so no smoking gun there. Folks have suggested the TPS as well as the
fuel pressure regulator, but testing both are above my pay grade and equipment
as well as my equipment. My dealer told me that neither the fuel pressure
regulator nor the oil temp sensors fail regularly so it will be interesting to see just what the hell it is. Any other thoughts or ideas from the brotherhood are welcome but there's nothing else I can think of and i'm sick of not being
able to ride, so it's off to the dealer on 10/21/08.

Many thanks to all who have tried to help me with this.

Regards,

Will