RB67 Roll 11
Saturday, 2 Sep 2023
After playing with the long expired roll of Tri-X a few months ago I decided I really didn’t need ISO 400 film, especially when I keep the RB67 on a tripod and the maximum shutter speed is 1/400 of a second. I ordered some Ilford FP4+ (ISO 125) and took pictures of items around the house in August. Nothing special, just simple targets to see how this film works in this camera. I metered all shots using the film’s box speed.
I developed the film today using the same semi-stand method I used with the last roll of Tri-X I shot. When I first saw the negatives I thought they might have been over exposed. However, once digitized the exposures mostly looked OK.
The results follow. The images marked with a pair of asterisks had secondary edits performed, over and above simple conversion to a positive using Negative Lab Pro in Lightroom Classic. I’ve found that using the curves tool in masked areas adjusts the positive image, not the negative.
Albatros D.Va model plane.
Disappointing images of a wall planter/decoration. The first shot is with the lamp off. The last two are with the lamp on, but I forgot to change the shutter speed of the first lamp image. None of them are close to what I hoped/imagined. I edited the first, anyway.
The Golden Hind, a plank on frame model ship made by my dad.